279. H. Hwang, D.A. Weitz and F. Spaepen, "Direct observation of crystallization and melting with colloids", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 116: 1180-1184 (2019).
264. I.B. Ramsteiner, K.E. Jensen, D.A. Weitz and F. Spaepen, "Experimental observation of the crystallization of hard-sphere colloidal particles by sedimentation onto flat and patterned surfaces", Physical Review E 79: 011403, 1-6 (2009).
256. D. Holland-Moritz, D.M. Herlach and F. Spaepen, "Crystal nucleation induced by magnetic ordering in undercooled melts", to appear in Superlattices and Microstructures.
250. J. Kalb, F. Spaepen and M. Wuttig, "Kinetics of crystal nucleation in undercooled droplets of Sb and Te based alloys used for phase change recording", Journal of Applied Physics: 98, 054910 1-7 (2005).
249. J. Kalb, C.Y. Wen, F. Spaepen, H. Dieker and M. Wuttig, "Crystal morphology and nucleation in thin films of amorphous Te alloys used for phase change recording", Journal of Applied Physics: 98, 054902 1-6 (2005).
243. D.T. Wu, L. Gránásy and F. Spaepen, "Nucleation and the solid-liquid interfacial free energy", MRS Bulletin, 29: 945-950 (2004).
242. P. Schall, I. Cohen, D.A. Weitz and F. Spaepen, "Visualization of dislocation dynamics in colloidal crystals", Science 05: 1944-1948 (2004). PDF Download
238. D. Holland-Moritz and F. Spaepen, "Magnetic effects on nucleation in undercooled Co-Pd melts", Edited by Dieter M. Herlach, (Weinheim: Wiley-VCH, 2004), p. 128-136.
237. J. Kalb, F. Spaepen and M. Wuttig, "Kinetics of crystal nucleation and growth in thin films of amorphous Te alloys measured by atomic force microscopy", Materials Research Society Symposia Procceedings (Pittsburgh, PA: Materials Research Society, 2004) 803:HH3.8.1-6.
235. D. Holland-Moritz and F. Spaepen, "The magnetic contribution to the driving force for crystal nucleation in undercooled Co-Pd melts", submitted to Physical Review B.
224. F. Spaepen, "An introduction to phase nucleation", Proceedings Kurzschule Phasenübergänge in Schmelzen, ed. D. M. Herlach and D. Holland-Moritz (Köln, Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt, 2000) IB-333-01/1, pp.45-78.
220. F. Spaepen and J. Fransaer, "Advances in modeling of crystal nucleation from the melt", Advanced Engineering Materials, 2:593-596 (2000) and in"Materials Development and Processing -- Bulk Amorphous Materials, Undercooling and Powder Metallurgy" (Eds., J. Wood, L. Schultz and D.M. Herlach), Euromat '99, Vol 8, Wiley-VCH (2000), p.79-84.
217. J. Fransaer, A.V. Wagner and F. Spaepen, “Solidification of Ga-Mg-Zn in a gas-filled drop tube: experiments and modeling”, Journal of Applied Physics, 87:1801-1818 (2000).
206. D.M.Herlach, D. Holland-Moritz, Th. Schenk, K, Schneider, G. Wilde, O. Boni, J. Fransaer and F. Spaepen, "Undercoolability of pure Co and Co-based alloys," LAM10 Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids.
204. T.D. Lee, F. Spaepen and J.A. Golovchenko, "Detection of low-level copper-contamination on silicon surfaces by drop nucleation," Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings (Pittsburgh, PA: Materials Research Society, 1997) Vol. 477.
203. Y. Shao, F. Spaepen and D. Turnbull, "An analysis of the formation of bulk amorphous silicon from the melt," Proceedings of the Annual Meeting and Exhibition of TMS, to appear in Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A (1997).
197. F. Spaepen and Y. Shao, "The crystal-melt interface in Si or Ge," Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings (Pittsburgh, PA: Materials Research Society, 1996), pp. 39-44.
192. Y. Shao and F. Spaepen, "Undercooling of bulk liquid silicon in an oxide flux," Journal of Applied Physics, 79:2981-2985 (1996). PDF Download
181. F. Spaepen, "Homogeneous nucleation and the temperature dependence of the crystal-melt interfacial tension," Solid State Physics (Boston: Academic Press, Inc., 1994), Vol. 47, pp. 1-32. PDF Download
177. F. Spaepen, "The temperature dependence of the crystal-melt interfacial tension: A simple model," NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Undercooled Metallic Melts: Properties, Solidification and Metastable Phases, Il Ciocco, Italy, Materials Science and Engineering A178:15-18 (1994).
169. F. Spaepen, "Fundamentals of nucleation and growth," Optical Data Storage, Proceedings of SPIE — The International Society for Optical Engineering (Bellingham, WA: SPIE, 1992) 1663:385-386.
141. S. Ebalard, F. Spaepen, R.F. Cochrane and A.L. Greer, "Undercooling experiments on quasicrystal-forming melts," Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Rapidly Quenched Metals, Materials Science and Engineering A133:569-573 (1991).
65. K.F. Kelton and F. Spaepen, "A study of the devitrification of Pd82Si18 over a wide temperature range," Acta Metallurgica 33:455-464 (1985).
51. C.V. Thompson and F. Spaepen, "Homogeneous crystal nucleation in binary metallic melts," Acta Metallurgica 31:2021-2027 (1983).
47. C.V. Thompson, A.L. Greer and F. Spaepen, "Crystal nucleation in amorphous (Au100-yCuy)77Si9Ge14 Alloys," Acta Metallurgica 31:1883-1894 (1983).
22. C.V. Thompson and F. Spaepen, "On the approximation of the free energy change on crystallization," Acta Metallurgica 27:1855-1859 (1979).
21. F. Spaepen and D. Turnbull, "Negative pressures and melting point depression in oxide-coated liquid metal droplets," Scripta Metallurgica 13:149-151 (1979).
14. J.L. Katz and F. Spaepen, "A kinetic approach to nucleation in condensed systems," Philosophical Magazine B 37:137-148 (1978).
12. D. Turnbull and F. Spaepen, "Crystal nucleation and crystal-melt interfacial tension in linear hydrocarbons," Journal of Polymer Science 63:237-243 (1978).