261. A. Donohue, F. Spaepen, R.G. Hoagland, and A. Misra, "Suppression of the shear band instability during plastic flow in nano-meter scale confined metallic glasses", Applied Physics Letters, 91: 241905, 1-3 (2007)
239. D.Y.W. Yu and F. Spaepen, "The yield strength of thin copper films on Kapton", Journal of Applied Physics, 95:2991-2997 (2004). PDF Download
233. H. Huang, D.Y.W. Yu, M. Verdier and F. Spaepen, "Flow and fracture of free-standing Ag and Cu thin films and Ag/Cu multilayers", to appear in the International Journal of Fracture
230. J. Proost and F. Spaepen, "Evolution of the growth stress, stiffness and microstructure of alumina thin films during vapor deposition", submitted to JAP.
228. T. Pedersen, J. Kalb, W. Nojoroge, D. Wamwangi, M. Wuttig and F. Spaepen, "Mechanical stresses upon crystallization in phase change materials"; submitted to APL.
227. J. Proost and F. Spaepen, "In-situ study of the stiffness of alumina thin films during vapor deposition". to be published in the Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings.
226. J. Kalb, F. Spaepen, T.P. Leervad Pedersen and M. Wuttig, "Viscosity and elastic constants of thin films of amorphous Te alloys used for optical data storage" Journal of Applied Physics.
222. M. Verdier, H.Huang, F. Spaepen, J.D. Embury, M. Hawley and H. Kung, "Effect of scale on the plastic deformation of Cu/Ag multilayers", in preparation.
219. F. Spaepen, D.Y.W. Yu and H. Huang, "Deformation of thin films and multilayers", in Multscale Phenomena in Plasticity: From Experiments to Phenomenology, Modelling and Materials Engineering, ed. J. Lépinoux, et al., (Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000) NATO Science Series E367, p.127-141.
218. H. Huang and F. Spaepen, "Tensile testing of free-standing Cu, Ag and Al thin films and Ag/Cu multilayers", Acta Materialia 48:3261-3269 (2000).
214. F. Spaepen, “Interfaces and Stresses in Thin Films”, Acta Materialia, Millenium Issue, 48:31-42 (2000). PDF Download
210. D. Josell and F. Spaepen, “Surfaces, interfaces and changing shapes in multilayered films”, MRS Bulletin, pp. 39-43 (February 1999). PDF Download
201. A.L. Shull and F. Spaepen, "Measurements of stress during vapor deposition of copper and silver thin films and multilayers," Journal of Applied Physics, 80:6243-6256 (1996).
199. A.L. Shull and F. Spaepen, "Mechanical properties of thin films and multilayers," Current Opinion in Solid State and Materials Science, 1:679-683 (1996).
196. H. Huang and F. Spaepen, "Measurement of Young's modulus and Poisson's ratio of free-standing Ag/Cu multilayered thin films," Materials Research Society Symposia Proceedings (Pittsburgh, PA: Materials Research Society, 1996) 405:501-505.
179. A. Witvrouw and F. Spaepen, "Viscosity and elastic constants of amorphous Si and Ge," Journal of Applied Physics 74:7154-7161 (1993). PDF Download
176. A. Witvrouw and F. Spaepen, "The viscosity of amorphous Pd-Si and Pd-Si/Pd-Si-Fe multilayers determined from stress relaxation in thin films on a substrate," Journal of Applied Physics 75:1456-1462 (1994).
168. A. Witvrouw and F. Spaepen, "Determination of the plane stress elastic constants of thin films from substrate curvature measurements: Applications to amorphous metals," Journal of Applied Physics 73:7344-7350 (1993).
167. J.A. Ruud, D. Josell, F. Spaepen and A.L. Greer, "A new method for tensile testing of thin films,"Journal of Materials Research 8:112-117 (1993).
165. J.A. Ruud, T.R. Jervis and F. Spaepen, "Nanoindentation of Ag/Ni multilayered thin films," Journal of Applied Physics 75:4969-4974 (1994).
143. A. Witvrouw, C.A. Volkert and F. Spaepen, "The viscosity of amorphous metallic thin films," Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Rapidly Quenched Metals, Materials Science and Engineering A134:1274-1277 (1991).
136. C.A. Volkert and F. Spaepen, "A comparison of viscous flow in sputtered and melt-quenched amorphous Pd-Si alloys," Scripta Metallurgica 24:463-468 (1990).